Qualifications : MBA, PGDipMS, University of Waikato.
Jon is an experienced leader with a proven record in leading change, through organisational transformation and process redesign. Jon’s passion lies in designing strategy and building organisation wide capability to execute and deliver a superior level of performance and profitability. His success has been demonstrated through a track record of growing brands and creating sustainable performance improvement to realise value.
As Chief Executive of Tompkins Wake, Jon leads the firm, combining our near 100 years of history with some of New Zealand’s most talented legal practitioners.
In 2018, Jon was named Chief Executive of the Year at the Westpac Waikato Business Awards recognising his leadership and achievement with the Judges commenting that “Jon is courageously confident yet humble, grounded and always looking for ways to improve. He has found his own authentic leadership style.”
Prior to joining Tompkins Wake, Jon held senior leadership roles with a number of iconic New Zealand organisations.
An experienced and confident communicator, Jon has a proven ability to engage and connect with stakeholders at all levels including experience in international business and government level forums.
- Chairman and non-executive Director, Locus Research
- Foundation Board member, Agenda Waikato
- Member and Alumnus, Te Hono Movement
- Member, New Zealand Institute of Directors
Jon has been involved in New Zealand Government led Business Delegations including:
- 2013 NZ Agribusiness Delegation to Russia (http://bit.ly/2s23jtV)
- 2012 NZ Business Delegation to India with Minister of Primary Industries David Carter (http://bit.ly/2qqT2WJ) (https://bit.ly/2EFvusI)
Jon has been a keynote speaker and presented in forums including:
- 2019 LAWFEST, MC and Panel Speaker, Changing the mould: Lessons from innovative firms
- 2018 EMA Managers and Team Leaders Conference (Opening speaker)
- 2015 EURASCO AGM, Rennes, France
- 2015 NZ Marketing to the Rural Sector Conference
- 2014 New Zealand - India Business Forum
- 2013 WINTEC Graduation (Keynote Speaker)
- 2012 China Modern Agricultural Summit, Yangling, China (https://bit.ly/2JiGICo)
- 2012 University of Waikato Management School Graduation (Keynote Speaker)
- 2012 NZ Applied Business Education Conference (Keynote Speaker)
- 2008 Cargo Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders Conference
Tompkins Wake awarded Rainbow Tick
Tompkins Wake is the first Waikato law firm to be awarded the Rainbow Tick – a programme designed to help an organisation ensure it’s a safe and welco...
Tompkins Wake welcomes new Special Counsel
Tompkins Wake is delighted to announce the appointment of Nicky Thomas as Special Counsel based in our Auckland office. An experienced property law ex...
Tompkins Wake welcomes new partner
Tompkins Wake welcomes a new partner to the team today – Liz Lim, who is widely regarded as one of New Zealand’s top banking and finance lawyers.Liz h...
Tompkins Wake appoints two new Partners
Leading New Zealand law firm Tompkins Wake continues to genuinely build diversity within its culture with the appointment of its two latest partners.M...
Tompkins Wake appoints three new Partners
Tompkins Wake has appointed three new partners as it continues to grow its high level legal work presence in the North Island and its client following...
Tompkins Wake joins elite global law network.
Tompkins Wake has been accepted for membership of the elite global law network First Law International.Entry to the 75-country network of more than 80...